Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Introducing

Hi! I am Rebecca and I live in northeast Tennessee. I am originally from Pennsylvania, but moved to TN with my grandparents in 1992. I love TN and all that it has to offer. I am married to my best friend and we have three awesome children.

I will begin homeschooling our eldest in August and it is going to be challenging but fun. He loves science and doing hands on activities, so I know our days will be filled with projects and experiments. Pinterest will, for sure, be my best friend during the school year.

I am trying to determine what my focus will be for this blog. I have many friends who blog, but they are super talented and create and inform people about natural living or lifestyles. I am not a creative person, at all. My mother and sister can draw, paint, play instruments, and all other things creative; I think the creative gene skipped me. So, the creative route is out of the question.

I love to talk about politics but I don't want to blog about it. I am so afraid that I will offend someone because my views are different from other people's. I never comment on these issues in public forums because I just don't want the drama that will inevitably follow. So, this won't be a political blog.

I also love to talk about religion and theology. I don't want to blog to focus completely on my personal religious beliefs, but my beliefs make me who I am and govern how I live my life, so to say my opinions about topics aren't influenced by my religion would be idiotic. So, there may be some overlap.  

I love to read and have a degree in English, so I could blog about the books that I am reading, have read, and want to read. I love to discuss books that I have read, but I don't know if there are any people out in the world that want to hear what I have to say about books. My favorite kind of book is Young Adult (YA). I think it is because I really enjoyed my teen years and I can relate to so many experiences that the characters in the books are going through.

I am also a self-proclaimed nerd. I love comic books, video games (PC and console), and movies. So, this blog may start out as a mish-mash of topics to begin with and might end up focusing on specific topics; we will see.

If you have any opinions on what I should blog about or book, game, movie suggestions, please let me know!

Until next time...

 

1 comment:

  1. You have a blog!!! YAY!!! You're such a good writer, and I can't wait to see how this space comes together for you. Don't stress too much about "what to write about" at first. Just write everyday, and eventually you'll find what you wanna share.

    ReplyDelete